I am pleased to let you know that good progress has been made with regard to the planned renovation of Kilshanroe Church. Having engaged with a number of consultants and explored various options, the design team has drawn up draft plans which it feels would best meet the future needs of our church community. The proposed plans of the external elevations and internal layout are on display in the church from this weekend. We would welcome your comments, ideas and feedback with regard to any aspect of the planned renovation project. Suggestion forms are available in the church and may be placed in the box provided or handed into the parish office. These will then be forwarded to the design team for consideration.
Consultation is still ongoing with regard to the stained glass windows, seating, altar/sanctuary design, flooring and decorative finishes and we hope to have this fine tuned shortly. The following notice, inviting building contractors to tender for the renovation project, will be placed in local newspapers next week. This is to ensure that a contractor will be in place when the project work is due to commence. This is an important project for our Parish and I would like to thank you for your ongoing prayers and support.
Fr. John Fitzpatrick P.P.
Fr. Fitzpatrick, P.P. Carbury Parish is seeking an expression of Interest from Building Contractors wishing to be included on a tender list for the proposed upgrade and refurbishment of the ‘Church of the Holy Family’ in Kilshanroe.
The following is a brief overview of the works;
- New entrance porch,
- Window replacement with elements of stained glass introduced,
- Electrical & heating upgrade,
- Reconfiguration of the sanctuary and sacristy,
- New church seating and Altar furniture,
- Replacement of floor coverings,
- New sound / PA system, decorations and such like.
Please note that the works will be carried out under a main contractor so this request relates to general building contractors only who feel that this description of works suits their disciplines. Some of the basic criteria relating to the contract are as follows,
- Estimated value €450,000.00 plus VAT,
- Intended Start date, June 2018,
- Completion by week 4 November 2018,
- Form of Contract, RIAI without Quantities,
- A performance Bond will be required
- BCAR will apply
- The church will be fully vacated for the duration of the upgrade and refurbishment works,
- Tender documents will be available by end of Week 2 April 2018.
Interested Contractors should express their interest in letter format only (Written and Posted) to reach the offices of Chancery Group Construction Consultancy, No. 6 Chancery Lane, Tullamore, Co. Offaly R35 D296 ensuring this letter reaches their offices on / before 10th April 2018.